Oklahoma City Association of Black Lawyers to host annual scholarship and awards dinner
The Oklahoma Association of Black Lawyers will host its annual scholarship and awards dinner at 6 p.m. April 11 at the Oklahoma Judicial Center, 2100 N Lincoln Blvd.
Tickets are $45 per person and may be bought through EventBrite at www.okcabl.eventbrite.com.
Honors that will be awarded during the dinner include:
• The Opio Toure Champion of Justice Award will be presented to Melvin Hall, of Riggs, Abney, Neal, Turpen, Orbison & Lewis.
• The Ada Lois Sipuel Fisher Diversity Award will be presented to Danne Johnson, Constance Baker Motley professor of Law at Oklahoma City University School of Law.
• The John Green Community Service Award will presented Lori Combs, of the Combs Law Center and the Northeast Oklahoma City Community and Cultural Center.
• The Corporate Citizen of the Year will be awarded to Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
• The Oklahoma City Association of Black Lawyers Lifetime Achievement Award will be presented to Judge Vicki Miles-LaGrange, senior U.S. district judge for the Western District of Oklahoma.